Seabourn Elementary was established in 1966 and named after Samuel Monroe Seabourn. Mr. Seabourn was a longtime landowner in Mesquite and a roofing contractor in the Dallas area for many years. Together with his brother and family friend, he operated the first movie theater in Mesquite in 1911.
The Seabourn campus was rebuilt in 2017 and serves approximately 600 students in grades PreK-5.
- Seabourn was the first Mesquite ISD school to partner with Brighterbites to help bring awareness to wellness and healthy eating.
- Right at School program is offered at Seabourn to help provide child care before and after school to students that attend Seabourn.
- Church on the Hill partners with Seabourn in order to provide Kids Beach Club weekly for our students.
- Seabourn participates in Breakfast in the Classroom which is a federal program allowing all of our students to receive a free breakfast regardless of income every school day.
- In 2019, Seabourn received Honorable Mention as a Texas Whole Child School from The Texas Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
Mrs. Kern is a Mesquite HS graduate who returned to begin her education career in Mesquite ISD, first as a 5th/6th grade teacher and for the last 14 years as an administrator. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from the University of North Texas and a Masters of Science in Educational Administration from the University of Texas A&M in Commerce.
Mrs. Kern is married with two sons, one being a graduate from John Horn High School. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her family and being outdoors.
2249 Picadilly Blvd.
Mesquite, TX 75149
Elementary School Day
7:55 a.m. – 3:05 p.m.
Elementary Early Release
3-year-old Pre-K Morning Session
7:45 a.m. – 10:55 a.m.
3-year-old Pre-K Afternoon Session
11:55 a.m. – 3:05 p.m.
4-year-old Full Day Pre-K
7:55 a.m. - 3:05 p.m.